Miquela's Adventures

The exciting adventures of a youth's year of service in French Guiana and the lessons learned along the way.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Justification

I have two reasons for the lack of of updates on this blog: The first is that my mother was here in St.Laurent visiting for a week, which was absolutely marvellous but left little time for writing blogs and the second is that the day my mother left I came down with dengue fever, a tropical version of the flu, that has had me in bed for the past week. I am slowly starting to go back to work, taking on a class here and there, but it is very tiring.


(our matching malachite heart-shaped pendants from Congo, courtesy of my visiting mommy)

3 Comments:

At 13 February, 2006 23:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew something must be up! since Dulcie's blog too has had nothing added lately. We'll add prayers for healing for you to our usual ones for Dulcie and for you all!

 
At 15 February, 2006 19:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it is true - mommy's visit was absolutely marvelous! Because I got to see you wonderful girls in action! your love of the people there and your patience in class in a very boisterous society is inspiring. So glad that the Dengue is over and that Dulcie is feeling better too.
Say hi to Agnes (the big one and the little one), Eugenio, Faisle and Malon for me. and of course - love to all the girls. The pyjama party was a highlight!

 
At 20 February, 2006 00:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear Miq, glad to hear you survived 'bone-break fever'... many of your extended family were here in Dundas today for Rachel's shower (she is here with her mom for a week) and we were thinking of you too! love Uncle Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home